I took a day off of work last week to enjoy "Spring Break." Little Man's school was out and I had forgotten how hard 4 uninterrupted hours at work with him can be so I thought we needed a vacay day. (I am the queen of run-on sentences!)
We spent the morning hanging out at the house in our pajamas. After lunch we cleaned up and headed into town for a little errand running. LM was behaving so I decided it was time to give my bank account a little break from the constant book downloads on the Kindle and hit up the library for some loaners. We went to the kid's section first. I told J he could pick out any he wanted which was easy for him, all he did was grab a handful and yank them off of the shelf. Five minutes after walking in we walked out (which might be an all time record for quickest library trip ever). I was carrying J and an armload of books when we headed to the car. I pushed the unlock button on the keyless entry, opened the passenger door, put my books in and took the car keys away from J who has developed a bad habit of setting off the car alarm. After buckling him in the car seat I shut the passenger door and his door then walked around to the driver's side. I reached for the handle and heard a click. Not good. I yanked the handle, locked. No problem right? Just grab the keys. That would have been too easy. See I developed a nasty habit of throwing the keys in the console while buckling J in. My cell phone, car keys and most importantly, baby were locked in the car at the library in the 70 degree weather. I was the crazy lady who ran into the building, asked to use the phone and had to explain to Honeybun that J had locked himself in the car.
Thankfully HB got a hold of the locksmith who made record time. Little Man was out of the car within 10 minutes.
Note to self- always keep the keys in your pocket until you are ready to start the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment