Welcome to the 21st Century Emily! You have now joined the ranks of practically everyone else in the world. You started a blog!
Thanks to some encouragement from three certain girls last night, I decided I would start my very own blog. What can I possibly have to talk about, you may ask? Lots.
Since I decided to start this blog yesterday I will rewind and revisit Thursday February 28th, 2008. (Happy Birthday Matilyn)
The day started out the same as so many before. My alarm blared and I hit snooze continuously. Finally, I got my butt out of the bed with 15 minutes to spare until I had to leave for work. Impossible you may say, but I am a master at making it out of the door looking presentable (I stress presentable) in record time. Fast forward a few hours. Work is the same ol' same ol'. The only good part was Dad was here (I say "here" because I am typing this why I am at work- watch out!). Then the phone rings. I answer it with a smile. I heard somewhere if you answer the phone with a smile the caller will be able hear it in your voice and be less likely to curse you out. This is not true in all instances as you will soon find out. The woman on the other line asks responds to my professional and cordial getting with an attitude. "Is this where ______ works?" she asks. Yes, I respond. "My name is _______. Your company wired my house about 2 years ago." By this time I knew I was in trouble... previous experience dealing with this lady left me wanting to pull my hair out. "Okay" I continued. "We are removing our microwave and the plug for it is not located behind the microwave. It is behind the oven. I was wondering what your protocol for installing microwave plugs is and who makes that decision. Do you often install them behind the oven?" she bellowed. Two things here: 1. I don't do complaints. I am not the complaint counter. I don't care where your plug is. If you aren't nice to me, no one else will be nice to you. I pretty much have a foot in with both of the owners. 2. Is that all you have to do? Sit around and complain about where a plug was placed two years ago? So, I did what any self-respecting person would do. I put her on hold for a bit and sent her call up the corporate ladder straight to the top (drum roll please) el' presidente. El' presidente put her right back in her place with an answer to her question. "If I recall correctly," he stated "we had some problems with cabinet relocation in your kitchen. We had to put the plug behind the oven in order to preserve the beauty of your cabinetry. As a general rule though, to answer your question, we place the plug where it is called for on the building plans." Score 1 for el' presidente, 0 for hateful homemaker.
Promotion for me! I am moving up the ranks quickly... Promoted to Vice President in charge of telephone communication.
Thanks for the idea girls! This might be fun.
Stay tuned for more drama. The life of the new VP of telephone communication is never boring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You rock, Emily Jo. You made Christy and me laugh. :) Get ready to bounce!!!
Post a Comment