Friday February 29th, 2008- Leap Day
Leap day, it only comes around once every four years and I know why. You say it is due to some scientific explanation, I say it because it takes three years to recover from all of the craziness.
Case in point- El presidente gets a call at 3:20 pm. One of the workers is missing from the job site. Missing you say? Yep, missing. How in the world does someone go missing from the job site? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Major crisis at P&W. El presidente hops in the truck and high tails it to the job site to join the search party that is quickly forming. Since the names in this blog are being changed to protect the innocent and stupid we will call the employee Earl. El presidente arrives at the job site. Bad sign already for Earl. El presidente doesn't like to visit job sites to fix problems at quitting time on Friday. Who can blame him? Long story short el presidente finds Earl passed out in a room that he shouldn't have been in. How stupid is Earl? Seriously I ask, how stupid? Earl tells his supervisor he's got to go to the restroom and never comes back. The supervisor is packing up the truck ready to go at quitting time and can't find Earl. He calls el presidente after searching for Earl and has to tell el presidente that Earl has disappeared. Side note: Earl also has a young child and a wife. You would think he would take his job seriously since he has a family to provide for. Obviously not because if you valued your job would you be sleeping on the job site? Hmm, something to think about. Back to the story... El presidente finds and wakes up said employee. Earl doesn't know where he's at, what time it is or even what day it is. He keep mumbling something about not getting enough sleep because his baby is keeping up all night long. Yep, that's his excuse. Meanwhile, the search party consists of Earl's parents and wife, el presidente and the owners of the building they are working in. Earl's wifey is crying uncontrollably because she can't believe this is happening. I don't blame her. I would be so embarrassed if this happened to me. I think I would be making honeybun walk home. That way he would wake up enough to listen while I am yelling at him. Stupid boy has a meeting with el presidnete first thing Monday morning. I'm sure glad I'm not him. El presidente has had all weekend to think of ways to chew Earl up one side and down the other.
Promoted to Vice President of Missing Persons.
Stay tuned... more drama to follow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Crack me up. Did el presidente leave a greasy spot?
Get em girl!!! You are great! I am patiently awaiting a follow up....
Post a Comment