Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Headahes, Gripes and Complaints

Sorry it's been so long. Everything here is pretty quiet. I started this post a while ago, but because of my lack of experience posting, I deleted it. I think I've got it down now. You know how David Letterman has his "Top Ten" every night? This is my Top Ten List... Headaches, Gripes and Complaints.

The Top Ten
Headaches, Gripes and Complaints (in no particular order)

10. 24 Hours- El presidente needs 24 hours at least to return phone calls. Don't call me at 2:15 pm on Monday and then at 8:15 am on Tuesday and say "no one has returned my call." No joke. People here are busy believe it or not. People here have other things to do than to listen to you complain over a return phone call. 24 hours, that's all I ask for. In addition to this when you call back don't be rude. Rudeness doesn't motivate me. The nicer you are, the more likely your phone call will be returned in a timely manner.

9. Telemarketers- I know it is your job to solicit business from me. I understand that. Please note that it is my job to hang up on you. I don't like the sound of your recordings. It annoys me. I don't like it when you try to trick me and pretend that you are a customer. I can tell a telemarketer from a customer within the first 2 seconds of a phone call; that's one of my many talents. Take us off your call list and save yourself and me the headaches.

8. Solicitations- I don't care that your carpet cleaner is the "best in the world." Don't come in here and try to sell me something. There is a big "NO SOLICITATIONS" sign on the door. That means... you got it... don't bother me! This is not only annoying, it is also a personal safety issue. It compromises my safe environment when you come. I am not comfortable with it. Guess what? If I'm not comfortable, I'm not going to buy your stuff. On another note, I don't have any cash here and I don't have the authority to sign checks, so you are wasting your time anyway.

7. People who don't do their jobs- You are at work, do your job. Don't take forever doing it and don't complain about it either. If you are that unhappy about it, find another job. I guarantee that you have it better than you think you do.

6. Take the blame- If I mess up (I know, how unlikely) I say "my bad, let me fix that for you." I expect you to do the same. No excuses.

5. I am not the complaint department- Don't complain to me. I don't have the authority to do anything about it. If you are unhappy with your service, I will take a message and have el presidente call you back. Don't complain to me if you think our ladders made a spot on your house (that's a good story... I'll fill you in on it later). El presidente will take care of you if we were in the wrong.

4. Service Calls- Please understand that service calls aren't our main source of income. When we go to your house to perform a service call, we are pulling our guys off of a more lucrative job. Understand that you aren't #1 priority. In the whole scheme of things $65.00 plus materials isn't much compared to other jobs.

3. Service Calls Cont.- Service calls are scheduled for the 1st thing out in the mornings. That means you are going to have to get up at 7:15 and let the guys in. Don't gripe and moan about this to me. My philosophy is if I have to be awake and at work at 7:30 in the morning, everyone else should be also. You are speaking to deaf ears on that one.

2. Politeness gets you everywhere- The nicer you are to me, the more efficient I am. Politeness will get you everywhere with me. If I like you, more things will be done for you in a more timely manner. This may be the wrong attitude, but politeness makes my world go around.

1. Don't' say I don't do anything- I work at work. Yes, granted, I don't have something to do all 8 hours that I am here. But, while I am at work I am working. The phone is ringing and I am answering it. When all of the paperwork is completed, the office is clean and I literally don't have anything else to do I will read a book. But, I am still working! Contrary to popular belief, I don't sit around and watch Soap Operas all day. The TV is on for background noise. Can you imagine sitting in here in complete silence all day long? Me either, that's why the TV is on.

Promoted to Vice President of Public Relations due to my outstanding customer service skills.

P.S. Follow up to the Leap Day = Craziness Blog... Earl came in on Monday morning, apologized and admitted that he was "under the influence" on Friday. He told el presidente "you can fire me if you want to." Really, you are giving el presidente permission? El presidente told Earl he wasn't fired, just on a leave of absence. Once he produced a clear drug test and was clean and sober for awhile, they would talk about coming back. El presidente has a big heart. I'm not sure I would be that forgiving.

I feel like this post has a negative vibe to it. Please don't take it that way. I like my job; I really do. I just had some things that I needed to get off of my chest.

No comments: