Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Class, Cats and Babies

Yesterday el' presidente and I went on a field trip to our local chapter of the American Red Cross to get our education on. Our insurance requires people to be certified in CPR, AED and First Aid. I got volunteered to be educated and el presidente thought he should join in, you know, be a good leader and set a good example. I'm proud to say that after eight hours of education, practice and three tests later el' presidente and I are card carrying members of the good Samaritan team- please don't sue. If you are unconscious laying on the floor, I can help- but only if the scene is safe. If you are chocking, I can help- but only if you give me permission. If you break your leg, I can brace it for you- but only if I have to move you and bracing it doesn't cause additional pain. If you are drowning hopefully there's a lifeguard somewhere near.

And since no post is complete without a Satchmo update... Satch is as wild as ever! He's runs full force and sounds like a herd of elephants racing down the hall. He loves hard, plays hard and purrs often. We love the little guy. He tolerates us.

Baby Watch 2009- Abigail Joy was born on April 2nd at 9:47 pm. Kyle Ryker was born April 9th at 3:54 pm. Both babies are happy and healthy.

Promoted to Vice President of "Sir, Sir, are you alright? Call 9-1-1, he's unconscious."

No comments: