Monday, May 18, 2009

Lately

Sorry it's been so long. I would say that I've been extremely busy and haven't had time to blog, but that would be a lie.

Here's what you've missed:

Honeybun and I went on vacation to Destin a couple of weeks ago. We ate, drank and were merry. The lack of exercise and the sheer amount of food I consumed led to a 2 pound weight gain (which frankly, I was happy I only gained 2 pounds. My personal goal was at least 5).

I bought a new dress to wear to church on Mother's Day. I told Honeybun that I had to get a new one because I couldn't fit into any of my other clothes, he believed me. Sucker! I have embraced the maxi dress trend, only the halter A-line ones though- they go best with my body type. I got so many compliments on my new attire and felt so wonderful in it that I went and bought the same dress in a different color. Ha Ha! Maybe no one will notice.

If you have not read the book "Firefly Lane," you must go out and buy it right now- especially if you have a best friend that's been your best friend since forever. The book grabbed my attention from the first line and had me hooked. I'll admit it, the waterworks were flowing while I was on laying out on the beach. Pretty much felt like an idiot, but it was well worth it. I got my copy from the library, but might ask for it for Christmas.

Honeybun and I met two Southern Belles (don't worry, they were old enough to be my mom) while we were on the beach (our lounge chairs were parked next to each other). They were from AL-A-BAMA. I don't know their names, so I'll refer to them by what teams they rooted for, Alabama & Auburn. Alabama's husband asked her what she wanted for Mother's Day. She told him that she wanted to come to the beach with Auburn. Can't say that I blame her one bit, that's one heck of a Mother's Day gift if you ask me. Good thing the Belles didn't ask if we had children, I didn't want to have to open my wallet and show pics of Miss Mac and JR. J/K I don't really have those pictures in my wallet- that might be a little too over the top!

Also while we were on Holiday (just wanted to see how that sounded) we hung out with a couple from Chicago (who really did have children our age). Talk about being funny! Mrs. M was a spitfire! She got a temporary tattoo on her ankle, took a picture and emailed it to her daughters. They didn't believe her (especially since it was rapidly melting and smearing everywhere). That whole exchange brought up the fact that both of her daughters have tattoos- one has a row of stars on her lower back, the other has a Mustang symbol on her calf. Mrs. M said she told the daughter with the stars that she was thinking about getting a row of moons on her back. Her daughter said, "that won't look good on you mom." To which Mrs. M replied, "and you think your stars are going to look good on you where you are my age?" She asked her other daughter why she would want a Mustang symbol on her calf. Her daughter told her that her husband likes to restore cars and that is his favorite. Mrs. M said, well he should have gotten the tattoo then! They were a hoot!

Church League Softball, Holler about a bad call, Preacher breaking up the fight started back up the beginning of this month. We haven't played that many games due to the monsoons that have hit our great state, but it promises to be another eventful season. I'll keep you informed.

Promoted to Vice President of Vacation Days. I vote to increase the number of vacation days from 5 per year to 5 per quarter. Anybody with me?

No comments: