Monday, August 3, 2009

Dear (Fill in the Blank)

Dear Mr. Post Office Worker Supervisor Man,
During my recent visits to the Post Office I've noticed a alarming new trend. The workers per customer ratio needs to be improved. I understand that postal workers need a lunch break like the rest of the working population, but I think it needs to be taken into account that the majority of the people who use the post office visit during their lunch breaks. How can we fix this situation? I have a few ideas which I have outlined in detailed format for you below:

1. Stagger the lunch breaks of the workers so there is always at least 3 people working the counter at any given time.

2. A manager should be available for back up in case the line exceeds 5 people. The manager should at least be able to sell postage stamps, if they can't provide the entire range of service.

3. The automated machine is a good idea, but it eliminates a portion of the clientele that need to purchase 2 cent stamps and postcard stamps.

4. Smiles are helpful. Customers are more receptive to a friendly face.

I hope these suggestions help.

If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know.



Dear Dudette in the Minivan Wanna-be SUV,
When someone holds the door open for you, you are suppose to respond with a "thank you" to which the person holding the door will reply "you're welcome." Didn't your mama teach you any manners?



Dear Riley's Bakery White Outfit Wearing Lady Who Waited on Me,
While I'm on my high horse I'm going to suggest our exchange goes more like this in the future:

You- Hi, how may I help you?
Me- Hi, I'd like 2 chocolate cupcakes please. (don't judge)
You- Sure, that will be $1.60.
Me- Thank you.
You- You're welcome. Have a great day.

See how much better that went without the eye rolling, smirks and all around "I'm too busy to get you 2 cupcakes attitude?" Glad you see it my way.

No comments: