It's like that George Strait song, "Famous Last Words of a Fool." (Those of you who didn't have the privilege of growing up listening to the likes of George (1st name basis) or Elton (don't ever change the radio station when Elton is playing) I feel bad for you. Obviously you didn't hang out with me and madre.) Back to the point... At mi casa we (Honeybun, his papa and I- really I'm not doing anything other than pick out colors, but I like to be included) are doing a little what bit of what you call renovation work. Nothing too big, just replacing 640 square feet of carpet with hardwood, changing out the kitchen appliances, replacing the kitchen counter tops and sink, tiling the bathrooms and maybe, if our budget allows, replacing the master bathroom vanity. Honeybun was all talk and no action about the project for a month then I said the words I will forever regret, "I'm tired of all the talk, I want to see some action." Yep, boys and girls, hindsight is 20/20. I left home on Sunday afternoon and returned three hours later to no carpeting in my living room or down my hallway. Action had taken place! Since that faithful Sunday the renovation has been coming along at tortoise pace. Slow and steady. Frankly I'm scared. I gave Honeybun a deadline- Christmas. At this he laughed. I'm not sure the laugh was a "it'll be done way before that" laugh or a "good luck with that" laugh. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
On a totally different note- Honeybun went deer hunting yesterday and got him an eight pointer. I would post pictures, but I don't want anyone to contact PETA about animal cruelty so we'll pretend. He came home super excited and couldn't wait to show me the "prize" that was in the back of his truck- yes, the company work truck now has blood stains on it, but let's get real- it was going to happen sooner or later. Side note- Stachmo was hiding in my pantie drawer (don't ask) when HB called me to tell me he was on his way home. I took the opportunity to put HB on speaker and yell for Satch. It worked like a charm. Funny thing, when Honeybun came home, Satchmo sniffed him for 15 minutes. I think our little hunter wants to go with daddy from now on.
That about sums it up.
Promoted to Vice President of Renovation and Fish and Wildlife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment