Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

You know the drill...

1. I took Jack on his first library visit yesterday. He did great, that is until he puked on the check out counter.

2. Speaking of libraries, I love them. I could spend all day there.

3. What happened to weekends? I thought after 5 days of work you were suppose to get 2 days off to rest. That doesn't happen anymore.

4. Jack snores LOUDLY. I love every minute of it.

5. I've decided daily makeup wear is for the birds. If I come face-to-face with someone I know (and I care about their opinion of how I look) I'll whip out my oversize sunglasses and be on my way.

6. Last night the fam was watching the Homerun Derby. When the announcers were telling the lineup Jack cheered for Nick Swisher. Cute right? Yes, except for the fact that Nick Swisher play for the Yankees. Our family does not cheer for the Yankees! I had to have a little heart to heart with the Little Man. It went something like this, "Jack, Mama understands we all get to pick our favorite, but here in our household we cheer for National League teams. If we do cheer for an American League team, we cheer for the Red Sox, defiantly not the Yankees." Then I may or may not have launched into a tirade about how much money is spent for the Yankees payroll and how if a team was worth that much they should blow the competition out of the water every. single. time. Honeybun sat in the recliner rolling his eyes. He's heard the song and dance before.

7. Tonight on "Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris dies. I'm going to be an emotional basket case. This is your warning. My cell will be shut off between the hours of 8 & 10 pm so if there is an emergency call HB. I don't know why, but I feel like Phil & I were friends. I mean, we hung out on Tuesday nights for an hour for two years. That's more time than I spend with lots of "real life" people who are my BFFs. For the record- I told HB I might not make it through tonight's episode, and might prefer to DVR it so I can meltdown in my own time, in complete privacy. He thinks it is a silly idea. His words exactly- "You didn't get emotional when you married me (high on adrenaline) and you didn't even cry when you had Jack (drugged out of my mind and too dumb to really know what was happening) so I don't get why you would cry over Phil." Because if I ever worked on a crab boat, the Cornelia Marie would be my choice. I might even name my first born daughter Cornelia (not Marie... for reasons we won't discuss). Also, Phil was hard-core, but still a softy at heart just like me. Kidding. I'm not a softy.

Sorry #6 & #7 are so long. I'm procrastinating working out.

No comments: