Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to School

Last night I organized a backpack, packed a lunch, fill out paperwork, ironed clothes and laced up a pair of brand new shoes. (I also self tanned my legs, picked out my outfit after fretting over what I was going to wear, but that's another post.)

It's back to school time for the Little Man. We were actually suppose to start on Tuesday but a nasty virus/ strep throat (the Doctor was undecided what was wrong w/ J. He tested negative for strep, but is on antibiotic.) kept us away. I didn't want to be the mom who sent her child to infect the entire classroom. Especially not on the first day.

We pulled into the parking lot and J got excited. I promise it almost seemed like he remembered school from last year. He walked up the steps straight into his classroom from last year and looked around like, "where are my peeps at?" I told him he was in a different room this year, but was still going to have a lot of fun.

We rounded the corner to his classroom. That's when we heard a little boy screaming at the top of his lungs, face red, big tears falling down, snot dripping, hanging over the gate yelling for MAMA!!! I felt so bad for him and hoped the same fate didn't await for me. The teacher picked the little boy up and comforted him while I put J over the baby gate into the classroom.

She said, "Hi J. Are you feeling better today?" He ran to the piano and never looked back at me.

My Little Man, Mr. Independent.

P.S. This is my 300th post for those of you counting.

No comments: