Monday, August 22, 2011

Soapbox

Warning- I am about to climb upon my soapbox. Feel free to skip this post if today isn't a day you want to listen to me rant and rave.

I have lived within the same community most of my life. (Minus the years I went to college and lived with the roommates.) This particular community has a smallish grocery store. Though I wouldn't recommend doing all of your shopping there (it tends to be overpriced) it is nice to have it close by to pick up a few things here or there. Said grocery store has a Redbox. You know, the place where you can rent movies for $1.00 a day. Unless of course you are like me and end up paying upwards of $5.00 for a movie because you constantly forget to return it even though you drive by the Redbox every. single. day.

I'm climbing onto the soapbox...

The above mentioned grocery store has one of the worst parking lots in the nation. (Totally unfounded fact, just go with it.) It is hard to enter, exit and generally drive without running over or backing into someone. Not to mention the people who make their own parking spots or drive up to the Redbox and park their car right in front of it blocking gas pumps and the flow of traffic.

Yes people, I am talking about you. Park your car in a designated official parking spot and walk to the Redbox. Why make driving in an already dangerous parking lot more impossible for those of us who needed to fulfill our chocolate fix?

Get off of your rear end and walk the twenty steps to the rental machine.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT idle your car in front of the machine, send your child out to the box and proceed to holler back and forth about what you want to rent. Get off of your lazy bottom and visit the box together. You can count it as a bonding experience.

I am tired of dodging unattended cars. I am this close to resorting to playing my own version of Demolition Derby. My car is bigger than yours and my patience is thinner. Don't test me. Consider this your warning.

Because, after all, it is all about me.

If you agree, can I get an Amen?


pic from www.demoderbyinfo.com

P.S. Unrelated to this entire post, but equally important. Did you know that "test-tube baby" is in the dictionary? Found that little nugget of information while I was looking up how to spell a word that apparently doesn't exist.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am cracking up. We were at the same Redbox Friday night and Andy went into a cussing rampage b/c someone was parked in front of the box, blocking the parking lot. Hahaha! And I agree, it's the worst parking lot in the world!!

Emily said...

We were there on Saturday night! I am glad someone else feels the same way.