Thursday, November 3, 2011

302

This is post #302 just in case you were confused by the title.

Yep, I am back. I figured two months were long enough for you all too sufficiently miss, but not forget about me.

In honor of my return I decided to break all the rules and do a Truthful Tuesday on Thursday. Because it is my blog and I make the rules. (And because, let’s face it, I don't have anything else to talk about.)

1. I was LATE taking J to school today. Why? That's easy. I left his shoes at home. Mother of the Year! The worst part? I pulled into the back parking lot thinking I had 3 minutes to run him inside and witnessed the door closing moments before I could get parked. Off to the front parking lot we went while my main man was screaming in the backseat because he thought he wasn't going to get to go to school. (And yes, I considered taking him without shoes. It's raining and they aren't going outside.)

2. I decide if it is time to dye my hair by sectioning it off and counting the grey hairs. If there are more than 2 visible in each section time to dye. Let's just say that time has come and gone. I'm bordering on a state of emergency now.

3. I would love, love, love to cut my hair to touch my shoulders and sport heavy bangs. Too bad the massive cowlick in the front prevents bangs. Not to mention I have curly hair and would have to straighten it every day. That's not going to happen.

4. I'm back on the WW bandwagon. It's only been two days, let's not get too excited. I still have the weekend coming up.

5. I started Christmas shopping early. I now hate everything I bought and will be returning it. I had a feeling this might happen.

6. I cooked smothered pork chops two nights ago with roasted potatoes on the side and garlic bread. Watch out Martha! I am coming for you.

7. I am a weirdo. If I bake a cake, make cookies (from scratch) or really cook dinner I don't usually eat it. I think by the time it is fixed I am over the whole wanting to eat it. This might be a good realization for the diet program. On the other hand HB might not fare so well.

8. I had a minor meltdown in Sams yesterday when the ribbon I wanted to match the wrapping paper I was buying for Christmas was sold out. No ribbon, no wrapping. (Besides I am returning everything anyway. See #5.)

9. J dances like his mother. I am concerned for him. I thought for sure he would get his father's groove. I think I was wrong.

10. In my short 20 months (almost) as a mom I have figured out there is a reason why I only hang out with the moms and children that I like.

No comments: