Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

This is my third, count them, third Mother's Day.  Honestly, I don't remember the first one.  Wait, actually I do. The memory that is coming- I am in the bathroom getting ready, Jack is 2 months old and screaming.  I am yelling at HB, "Please!  I just want to look nice today!  Make him happy!"  I guess it is the second Mother's Day that I don't remember?

Anyway... This Mother's Day was wonderful.  My Little Man (with the help of his father) sent me flowers, let me sleep in and bought me two more charms for my "J" bracelet.  The gifts, of course, weren't what made my day so special.  The spending time with my mom and the little boy who made me a mom is what made the day special. 

This story has nothing to do with Mother's Day, but I will tell it anyway.  J goes with my mom to see her mom (his great grandmother) every Friday. They eat lunch and play together.  He (and Nee Nee) look forward to Fridays.  I pick J up when I get off of work.  Last Friday I went to get him, opened the door to Nee Nee's house and was greeted by a little boy screaming, "NO Mama!"  He proceeded to try to push me back out the door and slam it in my face.  I guess he was having too much fun with the grandmas?  Needless to say we had a "talk" about rude behavior.

No comments: