Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

Here we go again. I called a lady to see if she was available to meet with us at a job site. Our crew had just finished up and were free to go to her project. The conversation went a little like this:

(I dialed the number)
"Helll00?"
"Hi, this is Emily with..."
"Hellloo?"
"This is Emily..."
Click. Hung up on.

(I redial)
"Please leave a message for ###-####."
"Hi, this is Emily at P&W. El presidente wanted me to give you a call to see if you were available to meet our crew at the job site. Please give me a call back at ***-****. Thank you."

45 minutes later the phone rings.
"P&W"
"Hi, I got a call about electric work at Mrs. O's house. Was that you?"
"Yes." Obviously.
"You have a crew ready to come here?"
"Actually, I'm not sure if they are still available. I'll have to check and give you a call back. What is the best number for me to reach you?"
"This one."
FYI- I don't have caller ID or ESP. I don't know what number you are calling from.
"What number would that be?"
"123-4567."
"Great, I'll give you a call right back."

I check with el' presidente. We have already moved on to another project.

"Hi, this is Emily with P&W. I checked with el' presidente. Our crew has already moved onto another job site. We'll give you a call the first of next week and get your project scheduled."
"Well, we really need to get this done by the end of next week. We have an open house scheduled for then. El' presidente just lives down the street from us (implying that he can come by after office hours- more on that later). We really need to go ahead and get this taken care of by the open house."
"I'll give him the message. Thank you."

1. Don't whine to me. I have projects at my house that haven't been completed within a year. When you wait that long, you'll have something to complain about.

2. Do you want to work on you evenings and weekends? Didn't think so. Just because el' presidente lives on the same street as you do doesn't mean he wants to "stop by" for three hours in the evening or the weekend.

3. When you hang up on someone, they call right back and leave you a message, check your message. Obviously it's important. I don't leave them for my health.

Promoted to Vice President of "I'm going to smile so I don't scream."

Oh the drama.

No comments: