Sorry it's been awhile since I last updated. Nothing new is going on here in the exciting world of P&W. I've been spending the majority of my time on ebay trying to win a pair of jeans with Honeybun's money. That'll teach him to tell me his password.
I was sitting here at the computer and I thought about something that happened early last week. I thought you might enjoy a new "rude customer" story. Here goes nothing...
Monday morning my the office phone rang. I answered it in my normal chirpy, professional, how may I help you voice. The lady on the other end said we fixed a problem at the place she represented a couple of weeks ago (we added a line for a stove). She said she spoke with el' presidente Friday and told him about the problem she was having. Here's the thing- if you speak with el' presidente on his cell phone while he's on the job site, chances are he isn't going to write the conversation down or remember it. Just a little FYI for the future. I asked what the problem was with the work we completed. She said the stove wasn't working. One of the burners wasn't working, but they thought they had fixed that problem by not using the burner. They thought the problem was with the stove, not our wiring. She said the people who were explaining the problem to her were speaking Spanish and she was translating their descriptions to me. She goes on to say the people who were using the stove described sparks flying from somewhere to her. She said, "It's like the fuse was blown, but we don't have fuses." I said, "So, a breaker is tripping?" "No," she continued, "If you would listen to me, I'm trying to explain it to you. It's just like a fuse is being blown, but we don't have fuses." In my limited inexperience with household panels I have observed that there are two kinds of panels- one that uses fuses and one that uses breakers. Obviously I'm dumb, so explain it to me. I didn't say a word the rest of the conversation because I didn't want to miss a moment or a word of her explanation.
Promoted to Vice President of Listening. I use to be just hearing, now I am listening.
More drama to follow, I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a winner! thats fantastic!
Post a Comment