Friday, August 8, 2008

Rejection

As I mentioned in my previous post I interviewed for a job on Monday. Yesterday I received my "letter of rejection" in the mail. Honeybun hates that I call it that, but until I find a more appropriate phrase I will be referring to it that way. Anyway. If you are in a position to hire/ interview people for job openings, please keep the following in mind:

1. See previous post about personality questions.

2. Don't send letter of rejection with the greeting as "Dear _________" and write their names in with ink pen. It does not personalize the rejection. If I took the time to prepare and interview with you I deserve a better rejection than a form letter.

3. At the bottom of the rejection letter don't write a personal note that says, "Don't give up! I regret that I only have one job opening at this time." If you really feel that way, call me and tell me that personally along with what I could differently in the future. People are upset when they are rejected. They don't want exclamation points and personal notes at the bottom of a "you're not good enough" letter.

I more upset about this last night. I had a lot of other points then. Today I'm only hitting the highlights.

Promoted to Vice President of Correspondence.

No comments: