Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Have a Little Pride

Dear Subway,
I have been a loyal customer of yours forever. My favorite day is Wednesday because turkey is the Sub of the Day. I have been disappointed in recent visits with the quality of service at your store. I have the following suggestions:

1. Teach your employees to take pride in the sandwich they are making. No one likes sloppy sandwiches. My motto is "a pickle in every bite." The employees need to slow down, think of themselves when they are making the sandwiches. Would they want to eat that? This would also save me time. I wouldn't have to "remake" the sandwich once I sat down to eat it.

2. Day old bread is a no-no. Do not under any circumstances serve day old bread. Same goes for cookies. Hard bread ruins the sandwich. Stale cookies ruins your dessert.

3. A little mustard is just like it sounds. Please only put a little bit of mustard on a sandwich if someone orders it that way. It's the worst feeling in the world to take a huge bite of your sandwich to choke on the overzealous amount of mustard that was loaded onto it.

4. Can we talk about the pricing? I remember back in the day when the meal cost $4.75. Slowly, but surely, that price has creeped up. Now we are sitting at almost $6.00 for the turkey sandwich, chips and drink. A little high for the amount you get, don't you think? If I am paying this must for lunch, please make it worth my while. Oh yeah, another thing, do not ever remove the sub of the day special again.

5. Last, but not least, if you advertise 6" subs, please make sure they do indeed measure 6". There have been plenty of times I have broken out the ruler while I was at work and measured 5", 5 1/2" and 4 3/4" (funny now that I think about it, but I've never measured anything over 6", I guess you error on the short side of things). If I am paying for 6", it better be 6".

The above are a few suggestions I think you should take into account to make sure your customers stay full and happy without emptying their pockets.

Have a wonderful day.

Promoted to Vice President of Lunch Quality Control.

No comments: