Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Day and the Madness that Follows

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. What is it about the holidays that makes us thankful for what we have? I don't know about you guys, but Thanksgiving through New Years I am caught up in a spirit. I love that feeling. Not much has been going on at work; we're pretty slow this time of the year. I thought I would share some random things that happened over Thanksgiving break. I feel like I haven't posted in forever.

Random Event #1
Thanksgiving in BG was celebrated on Thanksgiving Day. Background information- All of the women in my family burn the rolls. No timer can keep this from happening. At least five women in my family were standing around the oven waiting on the rolls to bake. This was our sole purpose- make sure the rolls didn't burn. LoB walks in from the living room. "It looks like the rolls are burning." Yep, they sure did.

Random Event #2
I baked cupcakes to take to dinner. I burnt myself and the cupcakes. I still took them and let everyone know they needed to pull the bottom off of them before they ate them. Sad.

Random Event #3
Aunt EAnne and I went shopping on Black Friday. We met at the mall at 4:30. Sears had two items that I needed to purchase. We walked in at 5, grabbed the items we needed and couldn't figure out why all of these people were waiting in a line. Duh, there were front loader washer and dyers on sale for $600.00 for the pair. We should have bought them just to have them.

Random Event #4
Thanksgiving in TN- my cousin asks me if I still work at PW. I said yes. He said, "What do you do there? Are you the secretary?" To which I replied, "Actually I am the Office Manager. I get promoted very frequently. I excel at my job."

Tis the season... for service calls to start coming out of the woodwork. I love it when people call on Monday and say their lights don't work in the room they are having Thanksgiving in. Good luck with that.

On a positive note, I didn't have to remake my Subway today!

Promoted to Vice President of Family Social Activities and Service Calls.

No comments: