Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!!

I had good intentions this morning. I was going to get up early (really, just at the time I'm suppose to get up) and go vote. Yep, that didn't happen. I went to work and worried. What if I didn't get home in time to vote? (Not like that would really happen since I get off of work two hours before the polls close.) What if I had to wait in long lines? What if I wasn't on the list? (That wasn't going to happen either- I checked my status on canivote.org.) Lots of irrational fears ran through my head. I decided I was going to my polling place at lunch and wait in line however long it took to cast my ballot. Lunch time came and I headed out. I made it to the polling place and was in and out in three minutes tops. I've been hearing (really, just reading statuses on Facebook) that some people have had to wait hours in line to place their votes. I guess I lucked out living where I do. Wait- you know Honeybun and I chose our house because we figured we weren't in a highly populated voting district, right? Ha Ha, not hardly. The moral to the story is please vote. If you don't vote you don't get to bitch about the way things turn out. Everyone has a voice. People fought hard for the freedoms we take for granted. Vote because it is fun to push the buttons. In my case it was fun to color in the blank and insert it into a scanner. It kinda felt like when you were in school filling out your scantron. I knew this was a test I was going to get a 100% on! I listened and followed the directions!

I all seriousness, voting is a freedom we should never take for granted. It's important to get out there and support your candidate.

Promoted to Vice President of Electioneering.

Changing subjects- I'm in between a small and medium in tops. I buy the smalls and I feel like the hole for my belly button is laid out for the world to see. Personal pet peeve. I buy a medium. It's too big and I feel like I look larger than I actually am. I think my next course of action is to buy medium and shrink it. What do you think? Maybe I should cut out the fried chicken, rolls and french fries out of my diet and seriously lose eight pounds, suck it up and wear a small. On that note, I'm heading to Riley's to get a couple of cupcakes. I deserve a treat for voting!

No comments: