Yesterday I informed el' presidente that we were out of toilet paper. He barely looked up from his paperwork and said okay. Fast forward an hour. The other BMOC came out of the bathroom and said, "I just saw we are out of toilet paper." I said, "I know. I told el' presidente and he didn't seem to care." El presidente heard this conversation and said, "These are hard times, you are going to have to use paper towels." Seriously? You want me to use paper towels? I'll just not go to the bathroom, thank you. I would have gone out and bought some TP, but I don't have the "power" (ya know, the credit card) which is probably a good thing. I came to work this morning fully expecting that BMOC or el presidente bought some toilet paper (they are big boys now, they should be able to think of such things). I was wrong. I broke down and bought some at lunch. Now I'm hoarding them in my office and charging a dime a square. I'm thinking I'll make a profit. Remember- if you think you have it bad, I almost had to use paper towels only- and they aren't the cloth good-feeling kind.
Also- crazy phone calls yesterday and today. I know it is close to Halloween, but can we try to contain the crazies until that day? Yesterday's winner was a lady who called in and said, "Do you all do electric work?" No, we just have it in our name for the heck of it. She followed up that intelligent question with, "What kind of electric work do you do?" What kind do you want lady? That might be an easier question to ask.
Today's crazy was a well-known documented crazy dude. He called in looking for el presidete. I told him he wasn't in. He said, "Do you think I could reach him on his cell phone?" I said yes. He asked, "What is that number again?" Probably my number one pet peeve. Don't ask for a cell phone number without saying your name. Reluctantly, I gave it to him. Five minutes later he called back and asked if el presidente was in yet. I said no, I wasn't expecting him for awhile. He went on to say he needed to schedule an appointment with us for next Tuesday at a job site. I took the message and said I would make sure el' presidente got it. He replied, "How will I know if you are coming or not?" Gee dude, I guess I'll have someone call you?
Promoted to Vice President of Toilet Paper and Ass Holes. Pretty clever huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment