Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Unable to Access

With the current financial situation of our nation (don't worry, I'm not going to get all "political") I decided I needed to heed Good Morning America's advice and get my free annual credit report. I followed the link to the website and entered my personal information, picked the credit agencies I wanted to run the report and waited.

1st Agency
Two simple questions were asked to verfiy I was who I said I was. I answered correctly (go me!) and recieved my report. It actually took longer to print the report than to answer the questions and fill out the form.

2nd Agency
Same thing happened. I got a nifty little pie chart with this report!

3rd Agency
I filled out the form and answered the questions, or so I thought I did. I apparently didn't answer the questions correctly. I obviously don't know where I work or what my Macy's account number is (even though I'm looking at the credit card). The website said, "This is your last chance to verfiy you are who you say you are." I didn't verify correctly. It kicked me off and said I could try again within a certain period of time.

Honeybun wanted me to get his credit score also. I tried but didn't have much luck. I think this is a good thing. If your own wife can't hack into your credit report then there is a good chance a stranger can't either! I was 1 for 3 on his.

Getting my credit report was a good thing. I was able to check it out for errors. (I got lucky- there weren't any on mine.) Melody, on GMA, said 1 in 4 credit reports have errors on them. That's pretty scary given how the economy is doing right now. I urge you, if you haven't gotten one lately, or never had a credit check before to get one. The webiste is www.annualcreditreport.com. Sorry, I don't know how to link you there. I'm not as technology advanced as we would all like to think.

Promoted to Vice President of the Financial Division. Yep, I've over the entire division. Don't worry, I'll treat your money just like it was mine!

No comments: