I know this blog was originally designed to be about my wonderfully exciting job, but so many funny things have been going on in my "real" life I can't help but write about them.
Friday (hey, this one happened at my job- so there!) I was at work and a couple of sales guys walked in to speak with el presidente. El presidente was on the phone when they walked in so they came into my office to introduce themselves to me. Dude shook my hand and said his name. I said, "Emily." As in "I am Emily." He paused, like he wanted to know my last name. So I said, "Emily Mmmiller. No, no, McQueen. McQueen! Miller is my best friend's name, well, I mean that's not her name anymore (stop blubbering...). I must have her on the brain or something." Dude looked at me like I was a complete idiot. When they left he said, "It's Emily, right?" At least I got my first name right. Honeybun didn't think this was as funny as Emily and I did. He wanted to know, "just how cute this guy was for me to get so flustered." He wasn't cute, I just don't have a brain that works 100% of the time.
Last night Honeybun took a shower and came back into the living room to watch "Brothers and Sisters." I went to lay with him on the couch (awww, I know... he was warm & I was cold). When I laid down beside him I sniffed him and smelled something very familiar. I asked him if he used a different soap (important side note- we don't share a bathroom). He said he used something called "Japanese Cherry Blossom." He stole it from my bathroom and he kinda likes the smell so he thinks he'll just keep using it. Yes, my broad-shouldered husband likes the girly body wash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment