Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bird Update

Crazy madness with the bird, right? I appreciate all of your comments about how you cracked up laughing! My only thought- things like this only happen to me! I thought I would update the situation (a week later it's still funny):

It's the end of the workday, Cuz walked out of the office and shut the door. A couple of seconds later he reappears and says, "uh, Emily..." I said, "I know, I'm waiting for el presidente to come and get it out." He laughs and doesn't even offer to throw it away for me. So much for doing the gentlemanly thing. El presidente comes into the office at 3:45. I was panicked, I didn't think he was going to come back to the office. I had to beg, and I mean beg, him to get the bird off of my car. Finally after five minutes of begging and pleading he felt sorry for me and helped me out. I didn't have to drive home and endure the stares.

All of this talk about the bird has trickled down. So many people have been telling me their horror stories also. I don't think the bird topped this one (it's from a credible source- I believe it).

A woman took her car into Wal-Mart to get an oil change and tires rotated. She dropped off her car and went shopping. When the techs went to rotate her tires they found a dead cat in the wheel thingy of her car (such technical terms, I know). That's disgusting, not to mention totally way more embarrassing.

Still working on the Animal Control promotion. I haven't perfected the job enough to be promoted yet!

No comments: