Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Are You Sure Today Isn't Monday?

Today is Tuesday right? Are you sure? It feels a lot like Monday. Why you ask? Probably because of all the crazies that have been calling in here today. A little rundown for your enjoyment:

- Dude calls in at 8:45 this morning. He tells me who he is and lets me know his electricity in his office is out. I told him I would take his name and number and give him a call after I spoke with el' presidente. He says, "My assistant called you 15-20 minutes ago about this and I haven't gotten a call back." Funny thing- I don't remember a phone call from his "assistant." I let the dude know I never received a phone call from his "assistant." He says, "J called you. You don't remember talking to her?" Nope, sure don't. Dude must think I'm lying or just plain dumb. He wanted to be put on hold so he could make sure he heard back from me in a timely manner. I put him on hold and call el' presidente. Of course, el' presidente doesn't answer my phone call. I put the dude back on the line and explain to him el' presidente is in a meeting and should be out within 15 minutes or so. I'll have him return his call when he gets back into the office. Dude is still trying to figure out the phone call that I supposedly received. He said he would call me back after he spoke with J. True to his word, my phone rang not a minute later. Dude identifies himself and grills me again about not remembering a phone call I supposedly received. I told him that if she had called 15-20 minutes ago I would have answered the phone call. There wasn't anyone else in the office to answer the phone at that time. He still didn't believe me. He said, "J is on the phone right now. J?" She doesn't answer. He tells me he'll have her call me back. Oooh, I'm scared. J calls me right back and repeats the same thing he said. The electricity is off in part of their office. No mention about the supposed phone call I received. Yep, pretty sure that never happened. She tried to cover her butt by making me look dumb. Whatever.

- Lady called in about her bathroom light needing to be fixed. She said the name of the man that she got our name from. She told me he assured her we would "charge her a fair price" to fix the problem. She repeated the phrase "charge her a fair price" at least three times during out 2 minute phone conversation. At the very end of the call, right before I got to hang up she mentions she bought the materials at Lowes. A "boy there" told her he would "get with her" today and she really wants this done ASAP. Try to decipher that. Did she hire someone from Lowes to come and fix the problem? Still working on that one.

- Telemarketer- my favorite! Telemarketer wants to speak with the owner or manager. I ask what it is in regards to. She says something about a free internet listing (yeah right). I told her we weren't interested in the service. Can she please remove our name from her call list? She asks if I was the owner or manager. I replied, I am authorized to make the advertising decisions. She asked the same question again. I told her the same answer. Then she comes back with, "I spoke the D the other day. He was interested in this and now you're saying you aren't?" "Oh really?" I said, "When did you speak with D?" Oh no she didn't... D doesn't speak to anyone! Telemarketer couldn't take the heat, she hung up on me. Sad, but true.

Promoted to Vice President of Telephone Management. Don't try to pull one over on me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny thing...I've been asking myself "are you sure it isn't friday?" all week long! monday took so long that i really thought tuesday was friday. sad.