Disclaimer- I'm not extremely proud of my behavior in the following situation, but had to share.
Last night Honeybun and I were eating at the local sub shop in our town. We decided (actually Honeybun decided and I followed) to eat outside since it was such a pretty night. It should be noted that on any given night there is a plethora of high schoolers hanging out in the parking lot adjoining the sub shop. I even made the comment when we walked outside to sit down, "oh to be in high school again." Kids making their parents proud smoking, cursing and listening to country music out of the vehicle their mom and dad paid for. Not that I did any of that, mind you.
Dude (a 16 (could be 17) year old) in his daddy's diesel truck pulls up with his girlfriend riding shotgun. His diesel was pulling a trailer full of lawn mowing equipment (not that he used it, I'm sure). Dude talked to his friends for a little bit and HIT the gas pedal when he pulled off throwing a black cloud of exhaust right in my and Honeybun's face. How cool is he? Suffice to say I went ape shit on him. Threw down my sandwich and started walking towards him. Honeybun asked where I was going and I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't think what he did was appropriate and I was going to let him know. I wish I had a camera to capture the look on Honeybun's face when he realized he was going to have to beat up a 16 year old for his wife. All because he messed with my food. Which is something you don't do.
Honeybun said he wasn't letting me go by myself to confront dude. I didn't like that because I don't need a man to fight my battles for me so I walked back to the table, sat down and continued eating. By this time Dude had already walked across the parking lot towards the sub shop- big mistake dude. Honeybun approached dude and rather nicely (way to go baby!) asked him to apologize for blowing exhaust on us. Like all irrational 16 year olds Dude got defensive and said his trailer is a blah blah blah ton trailer and he needed to punch the truck to pull it. Honeybun said, Yeah, but your truck is a blah blah blah ton diesel. I don't think it would have been a problem for you to pull it while in idle. Here's my advice to you dude- next time say, "I'm sorry, I didn't notice you all eating there." Then all would be fine.
While the confrontation was happening another guy (about my age) pulled up and asked if Dude blew exhaust on us. By this time my psycho level had went from 10 to 2. I laughed and told the guy, yeah he sure did. Guy shook his head and went to get his sandwich. Honeybun was finished talking with Dude by now so he came back to the table and gave me a run down of what was said. Guy came out of the sub shop and told Honeybun to "give em' hell man." To which Honeybun replied, "I hated to. I was doing the same shiznit when I was 16."
Dude left the sub shop through the main entrance so he didn't have to walk by our table. Then he idled when he pulled out of the parking lot. Imagine that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment