Tuesday, November 10, 2009

That Sums it Up

I think my cat is really a dog. Yes, you read that right. Why? Lot of reasons, mainly the fact that last night he jumped on the kitchen counter and ate the chicken while Honeybun and I were dining in front of the TV. Other reasons- he fetches, meows loudly when he wants to be let of his room in the morning (Daylight Savings has been hard on him. He wants to go to "bed" at 9:30 and wake-up at 5:30), gets into the garbage and is very territorial. He's one of a kind, that's for sure.

My cousin & his girlfriend are coming into town this weekend and staying with us. I'm trying to decide what to do with Satch. (My cousin is allergic & I don't think I can stand listening to him cry the whole time he's in his room.) I've never boarded an animal before and I have mixed feelings about it. I know they won't love him near as much as I do. Sadness.

Shout out to Honeybun, my hero and his fearless sidekick Satchmo. Our house started smelling pretty bad Sunday morning. We (fine, really Honeybun) put two and two together and figured out there was a dead mouse somewhere on the premises. Honeybun ripped off the baseboards behind the refrigerator (where Satchmo stared at the wall all last week) and found a nice surprise- not one, but two dead mice. Kudos to Satchmo for having the sniffing power of a Bloodhound and Honeybun for having an iron stomach. Just typing this gives me chills. Throw- up in my mouth.

No comments: