First up, the cabinet above the microwave. Previously it stored everything from cookbooks to medication, randomly thrown in together. To say it was a mess is an understatement. I constantly opened the doors and stepped back, always afraid something would fall out.
Before
Yep, told you it was scary.
After
I placed all of the Owner's Manuals for our various appliances in a 3 ring binder using plastic inserts. I got the idea for it off of Pinterest. You can find the original post here.
The majority of the other storage solutions came from this post.
I separated J's medication from the adult ones, put the markers, pens, batteries, and office supplies in pencil boxes (from the Dollar Store for $1), moved the cookbooks to the top shelf and placed all the random cards and envelopes in a box that I already had.
Onto the Drawer full of Junk (aka Junk Drawer)
Before
After
I bought a drawer organizer from Staples (where I bought the majority of the other supplies) and placed only the frequently used things back in the drawer for easier access.
The Bottom Cabinet
Before
This cabinet I affectionately call "dumping ground." It is where I "lost" the Church checkbook for over three months (only to be found when I was looking for a candle) and where the Easter Bunny left J's Easter sippy cup, which I found cleaning out the cabinet for this project. Better late than never, right?
After
I already had the plastic tubs for this cabinet, they were hidden by the amount of junk in front of them. I keep my napkin rings and napkins in them. (The ones I got for my wedding that I have used a total of one time.) I also keep random candles and miscellaneous Christmas decorations that I keep forgetting to store in the attic in a tub. Basically, I cleaned out this cabinet and only placed what fit back in to it.
Overall I am impressed with my 2 hour project. (Yep, completed it during nap time.) The final cost was somewhere around $50. I am debating about placing cork board on the back of the top cabinet doors for invitations, notes, etc. (Also I am sorry about the poor quality of the photos. I used my phone since it was within reach when I started.)
2 comments:
You go, my overachiever friend!! :)
I'm loving your organization projects!! impressive!
Post a Comment