Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Powerful

Monday morning I received a phone call from my mom saying a guy from our church (Michael)was seriously injured in a logging accident. He suffered a fractured skull and broken vertebra. He was life-flighted to Vanderbilt where he was admitted into the Trauma Center. He has a wife and two young children.

My mom called me again this morning. She spoke with Michael's mother-in-law and had more news to report. His mother-in-law told my mom she received a call from her daughter (his wife) around 3:30 am. Michael had woken out of his coma. She told her mom that she was sitting in a waiting area with Michael's parents who were sleeping. A man approached her around 2:00 am and said, "I don't know who you are here for, but you look really upset. Is it okay if I pray with you?" She said of course. The kind man prayed with her. She made her rounds outside Michael's room when the nurse called her in. The nurse said, "He's awake." That's the power of prayer.

Michael had some more tests run this morning. If the results were what the doctor hoped they would be Michael would be able to leave the trauma area of the hospital. Please remember him and his family in your prayers. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Incredible. I love it. And I know just what waiting room you're talking about... God is SO good. Keep us posted.

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

I am praying for your friend. What an awesome person that wasn't afraid to ask if she wanted to pray. It works!!

BTW-
So love your blog, D&S were telling me about it and I had to check it out. You are too funny! What a writer- I think you should get your blog syndicated!! I will have to add it to my blog list!