The fam and I made a trip to Alabama for the WKU football game last weekend. That's right... for the Western Football Game, not the Alabama football game- get it right. We had great fun while we were there. I thought I'd share some of the experiences with you.
1. 4 hours in the car with six other people is the max. No more can be tolerated once you reach your time limit.
2. The middle of the middle seat is the crappiest place to be in the Suburban. I tried to convince LoB the skinniest person had to sit in the middle. That went over well.
3. Get directions for your destination prior to leaving. That's what most people do, I thought? Hmmm, not my family. Side note- if you aren't getting directions prior make sure you have the phone number of the people you are visiting. Yeah, that didn't happen either.
4. LoB sleeping on an air mattress in the same room with Honeybun and me is great fun. Honeybun likes to talk in the morning. That leads to LoB saying, "SHHH!!!" Crack me up. Also, there's a rumor going around that Lo fell off of the mattress and Honeybun made fun of her. Sounds about right. LoB wanted Honeybun to talk and walk in his sleep. I think she was sorely disappointed when it didn't happen.
5. Alabama fans are hard core. I say hard core, but I don't think you know how hard core I mean. The hardest of the hard core.
6. Wearing a Big Red shirt in a sea of crimson invites everyone you pass to say, "Roll Tide." I want to know where you want them to roll to.
7. Bear Bryant is an Alabama icon. If Bear sat on a toilet seat and there was a sign that said, "Bear Bryant crapped here" people would line up to have their picture taken on that toilet seat.
8. Big Red represents the Spirit of Western. Don't diss him.
9. Honeybun was too chicken to roll down the window and ask random Bama fans if "this is the way to the WKU game?"
10. Random bar drama is the same on all college campuses. Girls get all "emotional," empty their purses out on the middle of the sidewalk, sit down and cry. Dude wearing Georgia hats get kicked out of bars and biatch slapped by the bouncer. It doesn't seem like college was that long ago for me, but obviously it was because I'm like so passed that! Ha ha.
Good times people, good times.
Promoted to Vice President of "Go Tops!" Don't mess with the big and red.
I still have faith, despite the poor showing last Saturday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment