Monday, March 23, 2009

Problem Child

I take back my promise to not be one of those mothers who only talk about their children (I made the promise with my fingers crossed anyways. How third grade I know). Besides the fact that my BFF & aunt are on baby watch 2009 Satchmo is pretty much the most exciting thing that's been going on lately. Work's pretty dull- using the new vacuum cleaner with the self roll-up cord is the highlight of my day here at P&W. Back to the matter at hand...

Satchmo went back to the vet today for his 6 week shots. Honeybun was going to take him since despite my good intentions I didn't wake up in time to get myself ready and get Satchmo to the vet before I had to be at work- shocker, I know. At 7:55 my cell phone rang. It was Honeybun calling. With fatherly concern he let me know Satch had puked his breakfast of champions on him. "What do I do?" he asked "Do I still take him to the vet?" "Um, yeah" I replied "Isn't that the place you take sick kittens?" Honebun dropped him off and ventured onto work with cat puke on his pants, in his truck and on his shoes because who's to say he wouldn't visit a job site and get all muddy anyway? A little kitten puke never hurt anybody. Fast forward to 1:00 when Satchmo's loving father stopped by the vet's office to see if he was ready to come home. Honeybun walked in and asked the girl at the desk if Satch was ready to go. She replied with a quick YES! Hmm, thought Honeybun, that was a quick answer. He asked her if Satch had been bad. She said, "Oh, he's a little feisty, isn't he?" Light bulb moment- we might not have children of the human variety, but we know when someone is saying your kid is bad without saying "your kid is bad and I don't want him to corrupt my child so I think we shouldn't encourage this friendship" and that was what she was saying. Honeybun asked what happened and she mentioned the following:

- He batted her face with his paws (he was just letting her know he loved her)
- He climbed up her shirt to nuzzle her neck (it's his favorite spot)
- He scratched a lady (I'm sure she was holding him too tight, or he was in the middle of prime playing time whichever works)

Is that all? Dude, Satchmo does those three things and so much more multiple times during the day. You let a 1/2 pound fur ball get the best of you?

I feel a little bit bad about this recent rash of bad behavior. Honeybun and I are going to implement the SuperNanny plan of action. We're going to get on the same page as to what does and does not constitute as bad behavior. We're going to warn Satch once and then put him in time-out. We're going to reward for good behavior and keep him on a strict schedule.


Keep chewing baby, mommy needs a new pair of shoes.

Promoted to Vice President of Actions and Consequences. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: