I began my 8 week training program at 9:00 last night. It about killed me. The program is designed for you to be able to run two miles (apparently the first two are the hardest- we'll see) without getting winded or quitting. If you want to run "with" me you can find the program here. For the first week I'm suppose to run (or in my case jog at 6 mph on the treadmill) for 1 minute and then walk (at 4 mph on the treadmill) for 2 minutes and repeat 10 times. Can I just tell you by the 15 minute mark I was super excited that I had to go to the bathroom? I jumped off of the treadmill and took my time using the facilities and washing and drying my hands thoroughly. Very thoroughly. I'm proud to say I didn't quit and I can still walk today- major accomplishments in my book. Tonight is designated Tae Bo night at the gym, but I'm thinking I'm not going to make it. My workout partner is in The Big Easy this week and I have a softball game to prepare for. We'll call the game my exercise. (Hopefully I'll get a hit so I can practice my running the skills around the bases. Keep your fingers crossed.) I guess I'll return to my running program tomorrow and let you know if it gets any easier.
On another note, I didn't know I had followers! I am so excited! You like me, you really like me (that's from some movie- it's suppose to be funny, but maybe not).
There really isn't anything else interesting going on. The battle of the century (according to Honeybun) is going down tonight at 6:15. G/B (the Men's softball team) is playing HS. Honeybun has been preparing for and talking smack about this game for a couple of days now. I told him I was going to make him a sign to root him on. He said I could only bring it if it said "beat the Catholics." We're probably not going to have a sign. That slogan isn't really embracing the Christian spirit.
Here's the breakdown of my "Training Schedule." (It's in quotes because I'm not really in training for anything except for maybe losing 10 pounds of wedding weight. Yeah, you read that right- wedding weight, just like baby weight without the baby.)
Monday- Zumba* & Running Program
Tuesday- Tae Bo
Wednesday- Zumba* & Running Program
Thursday- Tae Bo
Friday- Running Program & Jillian (maybe)
Saturday- Running Program & Jillian
Sunday- Jillian
*Only if Jules is there with me. I don't take this class by myself.
P.S. I don't talk about wanting to lose weight so people will compliment me on the 3 ounce weight loss that I've had so far- who am I kidding? It's been more like a 1 lb. weight gain. I write about it so maybe I'll be serious and follow my plan.
Promoted to Vice President of Marathon Training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment