I'm turning over a new leaf. You read it here first. I am going to become a runner. Yep, that's right. I'm going to risk the possible shin splints, soreness and the fact that my rear end jiggles endlessly to become a lean, mean running machine. How's it going so far? Not so great. Sunday night I had the bright idea to finally take the plastic off of my brand new Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred DVD to "watch" it and make sure I was capable of completing the workout. I decided I could do it and gave it my all. Two days later I'm still giving it my all. I think of Jillian every time I sit down, get up and walk. My thighs are screaming at me (which is a good thing, I guess) and I'm screaming back. Yesterday at the gym (yes, I go sporadically) Jules had to leave a little early so we walked on the treadmill instead of doing Zumba. Good idea. Tonight's schedule is Tae Bo. Good luck with that.
How did I get to this point? Hmmm, let's go back three years. I got married, yep that's right, I'm blaming it all on the ring on my left hand. No one tells you that once you get married you have other priorities besides eating healthy (not that I did that before) and working out- cue in 15 pounds of weight gain- fine, I'll be honest, more like 20. At my softball game Saturday night I scored from first base and couldn't breathe for ten minutes afterwards. The whole time I was running I felt like I was going in slow motions. Time to eat right (or just better) and exercise more. I'll let you know how it goes. I've got a schedule and a goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Promoted to Vice President of Employee Fitness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go, girl. Give me a few minutes to catch my breath... but I just might join you. Flashbacks of MTV Grind all around.... :)
Post a Comment