Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm not going to lie- the 500 piece puzzle purchased at the Dollar Tree Tuesday afternoon is kicking my butt. Today's Thursday and I'm not even 1/2 way finished with it. The worst part is I can't claim all of the work completed has been mine. Madre came to the office yesterday and went to town on it. Not cool. Not cool at all. Hopefully I'll finish it before the weekend. It's not like I can take it home with me- Satchmo would eat all of the pieces.

I mentioned my inability to solve this puzzle to my BFF. Her daughter (at 5 years old, excuse me, 5 1/2) would have already completed this puzzle. I know this because one day while I was at WalMart (two years ago) I bought a 25 piece puzzle for her to put together (thinking it would take her awhile) left the room and returned to a finished product in under 10 minutes. I thought Honeybun helped her, but nope he didn't. She's just that smart. Anyway, back to my story. I was telling my BFF all about how hard this puzzle was for me and she told her 5 year old, who responded, "Yeah, I can do up to 100 pieces." BFF said, "Well, this one is 500 pieces." 5 year old replied, "Oh, I can do that too." I've been pretty much depressed about my lack of puzzle solving ability and no lie, have contemplated recruiting the girl genius and bribing her with M&Ms not to breathe a word about it. The only thing that's stopping my is the fact that I am 20 something years her senior and really ought to be able to master this puzzle.

Promoted to Vice President of Puzzle Solving- If I can't do it, I'll find someone who can.

P.S. Maybe I'll take a picture so you guys can monitor my progress. Wait, on second thought, maybe not.

No comments: