Thursday, July 2, 2009

Post Surgery Update

My little Meerkat (he's not really a meerkat, he just gets up on his hind legs and hangs out like one) got his manhood taken away from him at the vet yesterday. It broke my heart when I had to leave him with the lady behind the desk, but I put on my big girl panties, told him I loved him and held my tears until I got in my car (not really). Of course, I had to be the bad parent and drop him off. No wonder he loves Honeybun more than me.

I received the "he's fine" phone call around 1:30. I was told I could come and pick him up around 4 (which worked out perfectly for me). I rushed to the vet's office right after work to swoop in and rescue him. I was told by the tech that he would be a little groggy and might not feel like himself for awhile. She said I needed to limit his playing (no running or jumping- what does that leave for Satchmo to do? Nothing!) for about a week. Okay, sure thing. Where's my baby at? There he is, still in his carrier (don't they know he needs space? He's a barn cat he rules the roost.) I paid, said my goodbyes and headed home. Satch cried (he's not a fan of the car) all the way home. (When I say cried, I really mean howled.) It pretty much broke my heart. Once we got home I gave him a little water and expected him to drink a little and then come lay on the couch with me. Yeah right. Not my cat. No, he isn't going to let some little surgery get him down. He found his ball (which I put up) and kicked it into the kitchen. This amused him for 20 minutes until Honeybun got home. Full force ahead for my baby. Honeybun said, "He did have the surgery didn't he? I thought this was suppose to calm him down a little bit." To which I replied, "Yep, that's $114.00 down the drain."

Long story short- Satchmo is still in denile about his manhood.

Promoted to Vice President of Animal Control. Who am I kidding? Satchmo doesn't listen to me.

No comments: