Monday, March 1, 2010

37 1/2 Weeks

Dear Jack,
Congrats! We've made it! You are officially considered a "full-term" baby. Whenever you decide to make your arrival, please let me know. My one and only request to you is for you to make it abundantly clear that you are ready to make your entrance into the world! I don't care if it means making my "bag of waters" (a phrase I loath from my days as a good student in child birthing class) break while I'm shopping at Target. I've heard several people who went in to be induced and/or have c-sections who said, "I was in labor and didn't know it." That scares me to death!

I think your Dad and I are about as ready as we can be for you to come. The waiting game is on and you know how impatient I am.

Last week when I visited Dr. K she "checked" me and proudly exclaimed, "You are 1-2 cm dilated and 80% effaced." I love it when I make the doctors happy. It makes me happy in return. It also made me very happy when she told me she was going to come in to deliver you even if she's not on call. Thank you Dr. K, you are my new BFF. Literally if I wasn't naked from the waist down (TMI) I would have jumped off of the exam table and gave her a hug. I asked her if I should worry about you coming anytime soon and she said not really. The first babies like to hang out for awhile. Hang out all you want to little man. I'll be here when you are ready to say hi.

Love,
Mama

P.S. Imagine my surprise when I went in for my doctor's appointment this week and the news was the same, 80% & 1-2 cm. However, Dr. K did give me the rundown of when to visit L&D and what signs of labor to be looking for. When she left the room she said, "See you next Tuesday, if I don't see you before in Labor and Delivery." To which I replied, "Next Tuesday it is!"

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love it. I seriously laughed out loud. Next time, just jump off the table. You know, just to see what happens. :)

Come on, little man!!!