I swore (before 2 am reality sunk in weeks at a time) I would NEVER let my child sleep with me. I still, to this day, don't want him to sleep with me. But at 2:30 am when he won't go back to sleep and the choice is letting him "cry it out" for an HOUR or more (not that I've done that- really) or carting him to the couch where he rolls towards me, plays with my fingers and falls into a deep sleep until 7 am, I choose the couch option. The problem? Jack chooses the couch option also. So we sleep on the couch from 2:30 am to whenever he decides is a good time to get up, with me hanging off the edge with 2" of space and Jack sprawled out and loving every minute of it.
Where is Honeybun in all of this? Asleep and thankful the crying has stopped.
Why don't I bring Jack into my bed? Funny you should ask...
1. I'm afraid he will roll off the edge. I can corral him on the couch.
2. I am afraid HB will forget he is there and smash him on accident.
3. Jack and I take up a lot of room and HB needs his beauty rest.

After all, who could resist that smile?
No comments:
Post a Comment