Monday, July 11, 2011

Spur of the Moment Savings

I stopped by CVS today for an impromptu shopping trip. Here's a picture of the haul



I also bought 4 12 packs of soft drinks. They didn't get in the picture because we keep them in the refrigerator in the garage and nobody needs to see that mess!

What was the damage? $18.24. Pretty good, huh?

Breakdown:
Secret Deodorant was on sale 2/$5
Buy 3 12 cans of soft drinks, get 1 free (basically 4/$10)
Herbal Essence Shampoo $3.99
Herbal Essence Conditioner $3.99
Herbal Essence Styler $4.49
Playtex Sport $5.29

Coupons
$2.00 CVS coupon for Secret Deodorant
$2.00 CVS coupon for Tampons
$3.00 manufacturer's coupon for Herbal Essence Styler
$1.00 manufacturer's coupon for Deodorant
$8.00 CVS coupon off purchase

According to my receipt, I saved $29.55! Almost 62% if my math is correct (and it probably isn't).

I think I might be addicted to savings. Next stop? Target. I heard they have some good deals this week. HB is probably going to regret he turned the family finances over to me. Well, maybe not, especially if I can get our grocery bill down. Is it just me or is grocery store pricing out of control?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I had to double check that I was on the right blog. You HAVE come over to the dark side. Let's learn together!!! :) I need to get on the CVS bandwagon....

Hannah said...

Way to go!!!!
I'm totally addicted.

Erin said...

Go Emily!!!