Yesterday at work el' presidente received an email from a general contractor we did a job for last year. In the email it was requested we submit the Owner's Manuals for the completed job. The email went on to say the Manuals were due on October 28, 2011 and he had made "multiple attempts" to contact us regarding this matter.
The email was a problem for me. Why? Because I remember clearly receiving the first (and only) request for the Owner's Manual. I compiled the Manual with all the forms and sheets I had and requested (by email) the form I was missing from the general contractor. His response was he would take care of it. Guess what? He never sent the form.
I was angrier than I should have been about the whole situation. El' presidente wasn't upset. He know I was in the right. That's all that should have mattered, right? But for some reason I could get over the "multiple attempts" wording or the fact that the contractor had carbon copied his boss on the email.
I wanted to find the original email and forward it back to the contractor with some sort of witty comeback, but el' presidente wouldn't let me. He told me to "shake it of" and re-request the form. Politely. Which is what- in the end- I did. And then I told everyone I know about it (and even wrote an entire blog post regarding it). How dare he say that I made a mistake? When clearly it was him?
Then God knocked me down off of my high horse. I made a mistake at my second job. (You know the one that Honeybun says isn't a job?) I neglected to enter some one's Continuing Education hours not once, not twice, but three times last year. I have all the excuses in the world why it happened- he didn't sign in where he was suppose to- blah blah blah. The fact it is I made a mistake. I apologized profusely and contacted the proper authority to have the mistake corrected. (Thankfully I had the paperwork to back up the attendance. The hours were entered and everything is okay now.)
I only hope that my 2nd job boss can "shake off" this mistake like el' presidente requested me to.
Isn't it funny how God teaches us? Yesterday I was holier-than-thou-never-make-a-mistake Emily. Today I am asking for the forgiveness and courtesy I was unwilling to extend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ouch. Been there, sista.
Post a Comment