Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shit Flies

Confused by the title? Let me explain. Here at P&W we (I say we, I mean me) are being overrun by things called "Shit Flies." I know this is the scientific name for the flies because I asked el' presidente and that 's what he said they were called. He knows these kind of things. Picture this: small flies (bigger than gnat, smaller than regular flies) everywhere, but mostly concentrated in the bathroom. When you kill these flies they disintegrate, they don't have any guts like regular flies. Upon further investigation (questioning el' presidente) I found out the flies are coming up through the drain in the bathroom (the drain in the floor, not the sink). I am confused. I clean the bathroom. The bathroom is usually clean (at least until someone pees on the toilet or leaves dirt in the sink). My solution to the problem is to call the landlord, tell them we need to have the office sprayed for bugs, painted, the carpet needs to be ripped up and we need an all around update. El presidente's solution- pour bleach down the drain. Important: I can't stand the smell of bleach. Can't stand it at all. I gag at the first stench. If we go to a restaurant and the table has just been cleaned with bleach I will ask for another table. I appreciate the cleanliness of the table, but not the smell. So, to me pouring bleach down the drain isn't such a great idea. Buy the scented bleach, you say? Nope. That doesn't work either. My nose can't be tricked.

Moral to the story, we're still searching for a solution. All ideas are greatly appreciated.

Promoted to Vice President of Pest Control.

No comments: