Monday, June 2, 2008

Someday Sunday

Sunday... what a day. It started off fine, unless you count my severe lack of motivation, which I personally don't. I got up, got dressed and headed to church early to decorate for VBS. On my way to church, I had to stop by another teacher's house to pick up decorating supplies. I made a wrong turn off of Scottsville Road (the four lane still confuses me, I'll admit it). I knew where I was and how to get to her house from there so technically I wasn't lost. But, I was running a little behind (due to my lack of motivation) and decided the best thing to do would be get back on Scottsville Road and make another turn. I pulled into a driveway to turn around. While I was backing out of the drive two dogs ran off of the front porch at full speed barking as loud as they could. The chocolate lab was the ring leader. He came to the driver's side of my car and jumped up to my window. I'm talking paws on the glass jumping. If my window had been down he would have eaten my face. He scratched my car! It was like nails on chalkboard. His little dog friend was on the other side of the car doing the same thing. I panicked because I was halfway in the road, trying to turn around, didn't want to hit the dogs and terrified. I finally decided screw the dogs, all I did was try to turn around in your driveway. I gunned the engine, slammed the car in drive and laid on the horn. The dogs followed me all the way to the end of the street. My heart was beating so fast. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. I called Honeybun. He acted like I was the dumbest person in the world for getting scared over the incident... until he saw the scratches on the car. I make it the church on time ready to decorate. I was carrying the decorations into our classroom and surprise, surprise, I fell down the steps. Yep, that's right, down the steps (to the basement) with my arms loaded down with lawn chairs, posters, teaching materials and anything else you can think of. Don't worry, I came up laughing, no serious injuries to report. I've never been happier for a Monday in my life.

On a lighter note: Vacation Bible School starts this week at church. It runs every night from 6-8:30. It'll be a good time, so if you know of any children who want to go on nightly trip to the islands, send them my way!

Promoted to Vice President of "Don't wear those shoes while carrying in armloads of decorations or you will fall down the steps." I learned my lesson (until next time, of course).

No comments: