As most of you know, Saturday was my 10 year class reunion. Here's the play by play. Grab a Snickers and Diet Coke, this might get wordy.
Saturday-
5:30 am- Jack wakes me up, eats and we semi-sleep until 7:30
7:30- up and at em' for the day
9:00- Facebook message TMaire asking for advice. What are you wearing?
9:30- Jack down for a nap. I dash off to the mall looking for something to wear. Yes, I am that much of a procrastinator. No, I wasn't hoping I would lose 15 pounds before Saturday.
9:45- Arrive at the mall. Bummer. Stores don't open until 10. I grab Chick-Fil-A chicken minis and start planning my attack.
10:00-10:45- Power shop. I hit every store in our mall. Found nothing. Got very discouraged.
10:48- Called Jewels. "I feel like it's the first day of school and I have nothing to wear." Jewels, a lifesaver says, "I'll bring over some options. Don't worry."
11:40- Leave with the Little Man to hit up the BFF's 7 years old's (is that even possible??) birthday party.
1:00- Little Man is expiring. We leave the party and head to the casa.
1:30- 3:00- Mental block- I don't remember what I was doing, but I do know I wasn't sleeping, Jack wasn't sleeping, I guess we were playing? Oh wait, I was cleaning up the house a bit.
3:00- Shower- exfoliate, shave and pay special attention to moisturizing.
3:30- Madre arrives to pick up the Little Man who just went down for a nap.
3:50- Jewels arrives, 20 minutes late, but that's to be expected.
5:30- Eight outfits later I've finally picked the winner (by default), properly accessorized myself, had my makeup done (by Jewels) and head out the door with Honeybun in tow.
6:30- We've met up with the other Macs, head to Mariahs to grub down before the actual reunion.
7:45- Reunion started 45 minutes ago. I'm in the parking lot at Mariahs pumping. It's a glamorous life folks.
8:00- Honeybun and I make our grand entrance
9:15- If one more person says, "So, what are you doing now?" I'm going to tell them I invented Silly Bands, a la' "Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion."
9:30- Lost Honeybun momentarily. I see him surrounded by a bunch of girls. Our eyes meet, I give him the universal, "I'm watching you" sign. He laughs and heads my way.
10:40- I was ready to go about an hour ago.
11:00- Reunion officially over. We've moved to the sidewalk. HB is reliving his glory days with his BFF. BFF's wife and I are camped out at a patio table wishing to leave.
11:15- HB's BFF's wife and I approach the boys. Let's hit the road. Negative says the boys. We are having great fun. Then the most exciting part of the night happened.
11:20- Random girl comes up to HB's BFF, grabs him and says something to the effect of "I had a huge crush on you in high school. I thought you were wonderful." Then she looks at his wife and says, "You are so lucky to have him." HB's BFF shakes off random girl, says, "Awkward." and we leave.
11:21- Make it to the car. HB and his BFF want to go to the after party. No thank you. Too bad I am outnumbered. Actually I don't think I'm out numbered, just outvoted?
11:40- No after party for us. Honeybun went from hero to zero once he got settled in the car and exclaimed, "I wanna go home." Later he would comment, "I felt like a little baby. Got a little vibration under my rear and went down fast."
Midnight- Face washed, clothes changed and fast asleep in the bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment