Sometimes I'm so smart it hurts.
Honeybun is vacationing (working) in Florida until Saturday so I loaded up Little Man and headed into town for Dominos Pizza last night for dinner. Living the life of a bachelorette, with a baby. If you've been reading my blog for some time, you know I've been having car issues. Mainly, the ol' Camry is starting to fall apart and I need to put on my big girl panties, test drive some new (to me) vehicles, bite the bullet and purchase something else before the Cam leaves me stranded on the side of the road. Remember the time my horn wouldn't quit honking? Honeybun decided it was my keyless entry. Since February I've been unlocking the doors old school. Not the easiest thing when you are loaded down with a baby, car seat and diaper bag.
Back to my story. When I loaded up Jack in the car I thought the keys were in the ignition. Not so. Not wanting to go inside and search fanatically for them I decided to use the spare which I had stored in the diaper bag. Why were they in the diaper bag? Who know. Probably the same thing happened before couldn't find the car keys, grabbed the spare, was too lazy to take it back inside and put it in the spare key cabinet. I drove to Dominos to pick up my large pepperoni thin crust, light on the sauce pizza. I pulled into the parking lot, rolled down the windows a little bit and made the decision to let Little Man hang out in the car with the doors locked while I dashed into the store to pick up my order. (Call CPS if you must, but let me stress- it was 70 degrees outside, the parking lot was empty and I kept an eagle eye on him the entire time. Also, lifting 30 pounds of baby and carseat, packing him in to get the pizza and carrying him back with the pizza isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do. Been there, done that.) Two minutes later with my pizza in hand I used the keyless entry on the spare key to unlock my car, put the pizza in the passenger side and hop in my seat.
Lightbulb went off in my head. Why have I been driving without the keyless entry when all I had to do was get the one off of the spare key? Genius.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment