Yesterday I enacted PW's "Severe Weather Policy." You know, the one I made up at the beginning on the winter- if city schools are out, I'm out. It was the first time I've stayed home due to snow for an entire day. I planned on doing a lot with my free time, things like cleaning the house, packing my hospital bag and organizing Jack's room. Yeah, that didn't happen. My day consisted mostly of an ongoing napping contest with Satchmo. (Who won by the way. I called him a cheater because he curled up by my feet and I overheated.) When I finally emerged from my cocoon around 2:00 I was in the perils of severe Diet Coke withdrawal and decided to make the trek down the street for substance. I threw Honeybun's sweatshirt over the t-shirt of his I was already wearing, put on my Ugg knock-off house shoes and shuffled to the car. This is where the story gets interesting...
The trip to the store was quite uneventful. I purchased a 12 pack of DC and a King Sized bag of M&Ms. I had plans- popcorn, M&Ms and Diet Coke, the perfect pick me up after a blah day, not to mention a caffeine boost to aid in the marathon cleaning session I had planned before Honeybun came home and outed me for sleeping and watching bad TV all day.
I made it home in record time, popped the popcorn in the microwave, added ice to my glass and was pouring in the Diet Coke goodness when I heard my car alarm going off. What the crap dude? I frantically dug through my purse searching for the keys to silence the alarm and ran for the front door in all Honeybun clothes panicking because the alarm wouldn't stop. Finally the alarm quit, no thanks to me, I'm sure. Good deal, back to my snack. Honk, Honk, Honk, Honk. That's the sound of my car alarm going off again much to my dismay. I'm panicked, going crazy. Satchmo's running full speed to the front window trying to figure out what's going on and can offer no advice for me. Not to mention schools were closed yesterday so all of the children and their parents in our sleepy little neighborhood were home looking out their windows and laughing at me. I did what any sensible woman would do. I called Honeybun at work. This isn't funny. Not funny at all Honeybun, why are you laughing? He told me to disconnect my car battery. Um, that requires tools and I'm not into that. Well, he said, if it happens again, call me & I'll come home from work. What a good man. Lucky him, it didn't happen again. Although I sense he was a little disappointed it would have made a good story- my wife is in a fragile state and her car alarm won't quit going off.
To say that I'm disappointed with the Camry would be an understatement. I know I told her I was going to get a new car (you can read about that here) but Honeybun and I are emotionally attached to our money (which isn't entirely a bad thing) so I decided to give Camry a little while longer to prove her love to me. I cleaned her out the other day, gave her a bath, had Honeybun install a new headlight and windshield wiper blades and promised her I would have him fix her brake and check engine light problem (minor things, I'm sure). What thanks do I get? The type of thanks that comes with my car alarm going off randomly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment