Friday, February 5, 2010

Ask & You Shall Receive (technically you didn't ask, but whatever)

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I thought I would venture out into the great wide Internet and participate in Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life blog tour. This is my first time and I'm kinda nervous. Today's subject is "Beauty Tips and Favorite Products". I know all of you are dying to find out what I use on my hair and face to always look so fabulous. (hardy har har) Well, wait no longer because the secret is coming out.

I have naturally curly hair (shocker) which I like to leave curly. It saves time & energy in the morning and I've practically got it down to a science. I use three products in this order:

1. Biosilk Hair Therapy

I apply from roots to tips on soaking wet hair after the shower.

2. FX Curls Up

This is very scientific so pay close attention. I squirt a good amount of this in my hands, flip my head over and scrunch.

**Note** I can't decide if this is a "best seller" or going to be discontinued because only select stores still carry it. Therefore I buy it in bulk.

3. Tresemme Curl Care Mousse

After I've flipped my head back over I apply this from the ends to the roots, scrunching up. I should win the Nobel Peace Prize for hair innovation.

4. Then I blow dry using a diffuser.

(At the risk of full disclosure if my hair changes textures when I have Jack, I'll probably have a mental/ emotional breakdown. I've spent 10 years of my life perfecting my hair routine and would be crushed to find out I have to get into a new one. It'll be high school all over again. Ponytails all day every day.)

As for make-up and skin care...I don't really have a defined beauty routine. Sometimes I remember to wash my face at night, sometimes I don't. I know this will probably come back to bite me soon, but as for now I'm happily oblivious.

Here lately I've been using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit. It's helped tame the massive eruption of pimples that came when my ego got prego.


I follow up the wash with moisturizer. (It's the one thing I do right.) I use the Olay Daily Moisturizer. Sorry, couldn't find a picture of it because I have no idea what the real name for it is.

As for make-up I'm a little partial to the Cover Girl line. It's cheap, easy and I like their commercials. I've been using the foundation Ellen is pimping out, Cover Girl Simply Ageless. LoB had a cow when she saw me buy it at Target because she doesn't think I'm old enough to need to be "simply ageless". Apparently she's in denial of how old I am too!


Before I forget- the one thing I can't live without (that's why I saved it for last) is mascara. I love the Cover Girl (see a trend?) Lash Blast (in the orange tube). I have uncharacteristically light eyebrows and eyelashes so I have to apply mascara to look alive on most occasions.


In other news, I don't like the shirt I'm wearing today so I might have to make an impromptu trip to Target during lunch to get a new one. Random thought. I knew it was a bad decision when I left the house. But, I might have overslept just a tad and had to rush out the door. Who am I kidding? That happens every morning.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Over from Kelly's! Glad you decided to join in on the fun! I love all of your tips! Thanks for the Neutrogena products hints....I am sooo gonna try those out...

Your blog is super cute! I can't wait to read more...I am now a follower

Have a Happy Friday
Summer :0)

Kate said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Also, love Silk Therapy. Cute blog!

Jenn said...

Hey, I also found your blog from your link on kelly's korner (getting pretty repetitive, isn't it?) and I am now following your blog!