Thursday, February 4, 2010
Thank You, I'll Be Back Tomorrow
Yesterday I decided to run a few errands after work. I needed to go here, there and everywhere to pick up a couple of things for this, that and the other (very specific, I know). While on one of my stops I was approached by a very helpful sales associate. Usually I'm the type to blow the associates off because I generally prefer to shop unattended, but last night I decided to go along with the pitch. I was at a store that encourages you to try out their lotions and potions before you purchase. The sales associate asked if I had tried the new antibacterial collection. Nope, can't say that I have. So I got squirted with it. Only a minor freak out on my part. I've got a slight "thing" about smells. Then came another marketing ploy, "I see you are fixing to have a child." Hmmm, what gave that away? The all-around tired appearance, the fact that my fingers now resemble sausages or the new waddle that I've perfected? I smiled and said, yes, I'm due in March. Have you tried the new lotion we have? I heard it's great for moisturizing and prevents stretch marks. No, I haven't used it. I carry around a bottle of your lotion and whenever I'm feeling dry I squirt some on me, generally about 4-6 times per day. (Seriously, not joking at all.) Here, try it as I get squirted again. Except this time instead of leaving me to rub in the lotion on my hands myself I got a mini-hand massage. Best. Store. Ever. I will take two of those, twelve of this and six of that and will be back for more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment