I think I'm full-on in nesting mode. Don't worry, I'm not going into labor anytime soon (or at least that's what the Doc said today when I went to visit her). It's a weird type of nesting, borderline slight obsessiveness with keeping my house clean, laundry folded and kitchen scrubbed. The "nesting" only extends to the house, not really to Jack's room. Although I did wash, fold and put away all of the items I was given at the baby shower my church had for me. I want my pantry stocked, panties cleaned (I have enough pairs to make it, Honeybun on the other hand sees the bottom of his drawer more than I do and freaks out if he gets down to one pair, let alone can't find any of "the socks that I like") and clutter tucked away in a closet (or two). Weird, I know. Don't ask me if I've packed a hospital bag, made a checklist of items to grab while walking (waddling) out the door, started sleeping in my make-up or checking on the status of my hair (does it look okay?) while making my all hours of the night bathroom runs because the answer is no.
All of this to say yesterday I visited my local grocery store. To those who know me in real life it's no surprise to you that I despise going to the grocery. I'd much rather clean toilets or get attacked by Satchmo than go to the grocery. (I also don't like to go to the gas station, either did my mom, naturally making this all her fault.) My hatred combined with the local weatherman calling for snow took yesterday's experience to a whole new level of bad.
Grocery Store Etiquette According to Me:
1- Don't roll three deep down the aisle making it impossible for me to pass while you are debating the merits of this frozen meal vs. that one.
2- If you honestly don't need to go to the grocery, don't just because snow is in the forecast. The rest of us who are doing our weekly (who am I kidding- only when we are out of Diet Coke) shopping would greatly appreciate it.
3- To the grocery store manager, when snow is in the forecast, please call in all of your extra checkers and baggers.
4- Also to the grocery store manager, if I have to bag my own groceries I should get a 10% discount.
All of this because I'm bitter I can't fit between the cart and the candy display in the checkout lane anymore making it impossible for me to load the groceries on the belt, swipe my credit card and bag the aforementioned groceries in a timely manner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment