Monday, February 22, 2010

In a Nutshell

I had a very eventful weekend. Wow. I need a weekend to recover! Saturday I had a baby shower hosted by my family and Sunday I (along with 3 of my friends) had a baby shower for one of my good friends at my house. What was I thinking? It took me 3 days to get my house clean and without the help of my girl friends the shower at my house would have been a disaster. But, that's not what I want to tell you guys about.

Saturday night I broke down in tears. I was folding clothes in Jack's room (it's sad how many cute outfits he has) when I heard Honeybun yell for me from the living room. Apparently Satchmo chewed through the new computer's power cable. Yes, the computer we have had for 3 days is now out of commission. Honeybun started ranting and raving. We're going to have to put Satch out. He's going to have to find a new home. He's cost us thousands of dollars (probably not an exaggeration considering the fact he scratched up our master bedroom furniture) and on and on and on. Fine, I said, I'll find him a new home. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about how I wasn't going to come home to him giving me hugs anymore. I was going to miss him so much. Ultimately Honeybun decided he loves Satchmo also (although not as much as I do) and decided he'll give him chance #12321. Fingers crossed Satchmo makes it.

If see me out and about in what looks like a new car, look again. That's me driving in my old car that was washed, vacuumed, shampooed and waxed by Honeybun yesterday. It even smells like a new car in there. Honeybun asked me last night, "Guess what I found under your car seat?" Hmm, could be a number of things, french fries, paper, hairbrush, candy wrappers, no, none of those things. An orange! (from like 2 months ago) If that's not bad enough, Honeybun's Dad, The King of Cars, was the one who found the orange. How embarrassing.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awesome.

You're going to make it, Em. Satchmo will, too. :)