Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ode to the Camry

Dear Camry,
I want to start out this letter by saying thank you. Thank you for the 10 years of uneventful driving you have allowed me. Thanks for always being there when I needed you. Thanks for not ever running out of gas, even though your little red light warned me. Thanks for hauling around all of my junk and knowing that it's more important for me to eat lunch than to pay for you to get a bath. Thank you for understanding that sometimes I forget to slow down when entering gravel and embracing your dings and dents as character, not flaws. I know these past few months have been rough. I don't like you not having a driver's side door handle anymore than you do. Look on the bright side- you finally got to park in the garage again. I also cleaned out your trunk. You must have shed at least 10 pounds. That's a great start for the New Year.

Sadly, I feel like we've reached the end of an era. Honeybun thinks that Jack needs to ride around in a safer, more aesthetically appealing car. I defended you (but not too much, I'd like a new car also) pointing out your good qualities, mainly that you are paid for, still run and knock on wood have never left me stranded on the side of the road (my worst nightmare). Seriously, I'm getting a little emotional.

I feel like you've lead the good life with me. In return I'd appreciate if you would refrain from setting off my car alarm at random intervals. It's embarrassing and downright mean. I start to panic and get nervous when the horn won't quit honking; I'm sure my face turns bright red. I'd also like you (if it's not too much to ask) to cease with the random locking/ unlocking of the doors. I don't want to be forced to bail out through the sunroof. I know it would be funny for everyone watching, but I'm not entirely sure I'd fit through it. Also, did I mention it is wintertime? Entering and exiting through the sunroof would make for a cold interior. I'm just saying.

I know we've been through a lot together, highs and lows, funny times and stressful times. You've graduated high school and college with me. You've seen me through multiple moves, road trips, marriage and now pregnancy. (I know you've noticed the seat belt doesn't buckle as tightly as it use to.) We've led the good life, Camry. I appreciate all that you've done for me. All I'm asking in return is for you to be on your best behavior for the next few months. I promise I'll try to find you a good home and may even have you detailed. (On second though, probably won't get you detailed- Honeybun would probably make me pay for it out of my fun money.)

Love,
Your Owner

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ah! Say it ain't so! If I could fit all my car seats in you, I'd buy you, dear ol' Camry.