I hope each of my 10 readers (who am I kidding- 3 readers) had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did. It seemed like this year things were simpler and I like it that way. No one was trying to out do the other, putting a lot of thought into their gifts making them even more special. Honeybun and I were on the go starting on Christmas Eve going into last night. I think we logged 7 hours on the road (not counting in town travel) and hit up 5 parties. A personal best. Jack and I've grown (yep, we decided on a first name- it's a start). I'm secretly glad I don't have to go back to the doctor for two more weeks. Maybe I'll start walking a little at night and burn off some calories. Ha Ha. I see this happening. Just like Honeybun was going to get up at 5 am this morning and go to the gym. That's right- ratted him out.
Christmas Tree Watch 2009 ended with a tree that still stood the majority of the time sans ornaments. (The ornaments were taken off of the tree somewhere around day 6 when Satch decided to scale the table and pull the off one at a time and roll them around on the floor while I was trying to nap.) Satchmo loved the new toys he got for Christmas. He lost both bouncy balls and ripped the lining off of his other toy within two hours of receiving them. He's bad. Santa left another toy for Satchmo. Only time will tell if he'll be a good boy and get it. Yes, I am that parent- the one who takes away toys until you can prove you can be good.
Honeybun decided he should start making Satchmo mind. He "regulated" (his words, not mine) on him for a good twenty minutes until Satchmo gave up trying to jump on the bookcase and came into the bathroom to terrorize me while I was trying to take a bath. I told him "no" multiple times when he was trying to attack the toilet paper. He sent me the evil eye, sat on the toilet seat and stared at me. Kid you not- as soon as I got out of the bath and in the bed he attacked the toilet paper- all that training down the toilet- literally.
I know this post was intellectually stimulating and a riveting read. I almost fell asleep writing it. I can only guess how far you got before you quit reading it. I promise I will be more exciting in the future. Today I was delaying the inevitable- getting back into the groove of work after a 4 day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment