Friday, December 18, 2009

The Mind is the First Thing to Go

In an effort to keep it real on here I'm going to admit how dumb I've become. Yesterday, within 10 minutes, I managed to lose my credit card and cell phone. How you ask? I only wish I knew. I paid for my gas with my credit card and put it in my pocket. I am assuming when I got my keys out of the same pocket the card fell to the ground. I naturally figured out I lost my card after I already left the gas pump and was headed to the bank. Running behind as usual I searched for my cell to call and get the number of the gas station to make sure it wasn't there. Of course, in my panic I can't find my cell phone that was literally in my had one minute before. I was driving down the road trying to get to where I was going within a reasonable amount of time so stopping and searching was out of the questions. During the drive to my destination my cell phone rang. Good news- it's somewhere in the car, maybe I can find it. I make it to my destination and discover I was sitting on my phone all along. One problem solved. Add another problem- at my destination someone was selling puppies. I called Honeybun to tell him I was seriously considering purchasing one (yes, I have gone crazy) but ended up asking him the phone number to the gas station and completely forgetting about the puppies. Two problems solved- the gas station found my card by the pump and was holding it for me. Three problems solved- my ride pulled up to our meeting spot and I left without purchasing a puppy.

And since I figure you are dying to know- Satchmo has pretty much left the Christmas Tree alone. I guess he got bored with it.

In work news- I thought there was going to be some drama on the street the other day. Some of our guys park in an adjacent parking lot. The guy who owns the lot came over and asked me if one of our employees owned a car that had been sitting in the parking lot for several days. I told him it wasn't one of ours. He said he would call the police and have it towed. I looked out my window not long after his visit and saw the car had been moved. Wow, the police sure work fast, I thought. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw the car pull back into the parking lot. Two people occupied it. Naturally, being the super sleuth I am, I proceeded to find binoculars and spend the majority of the rest of my day being ultra productive and spying on the car's occupants. Major let down. The people exited the car and went their separate ways. Moral of the story- I have binoculars and I'm not afraid to use them.

No comments: